U.S. Army Reserve Command USAR Unit Administrator in Los Alamitos, California
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
This is a military technician position with the US Army Reserves. Becoming a Military Technician allows you to experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to become a Citizen Soldier in the US Army Reserve Military Technician program. This enables you to receive full civil service benefits and military reserve benefits. Military Technicians are a vital link between the US Army Reserves and civil service and are one of the most important keys to combat readiness.
About the Position: This position is with the 377th Theater Sustainment Command, 502 Transportation Detachment, 1397 Deployment Distribution Support Battalion, 1394 Transportation Brigade, Deployment Support Command in Los Alamitos, California.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
- Advise management on mission policy changes
- Manage various unit support programs
- Maintain calendar/schedule of official and unofficial duties
- Research and analyze data to prepare reports
- Manage personnel records
- Occasional Travel
- The business travel requirement is 10%.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
US Citizens, ICTAP, External MSP
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
- This position requires membership in the US Army Reserve (USAR)
- This position subject to the Lautenberg Amendment//Domestic Violence
- Misdemeanor Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968
- This position subject to drug testing
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: Your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: technical and advisory services provided in support of a unit or activity in one or more of the following areas: personnel, finance, training or supply. Experience may have been gained in processing personnel or pay actions, maintaining records within a training data base, or ordering/issuing and maintaining an inventory of supplies. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Customer Service
- Military Programs
- Organizational Objectives
- Organize Workload
- Research and Analyze
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click herefor expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 51 position.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Review our benefits
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference, see the information in the Military Spouse Preference Under Delegated Examining Procedures information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474443100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-17 to 2017-07-26
Salary: $45,843 to $59,600 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 7
Series: 0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: NCDE170820567861DR
Control number: 474443100