Bank of the West Relationship Manager- Wealth Management in Newport Beach, California
Relationship Manager- Wealth Management
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
WMG Sr Lead Relationship Manager
Job Description Summary
Recognized master in professional discipline. The WMG Senior Lead Relationship Manager is the first initial point of contact and the primary contact to bank of the West’s highest income / net worth client’s portfolio with a focus on $15M and $2M very high net worth. The Senior Lead Relationship Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of clients; maximizing client engagement by assessing, understanding, and identifying clients banking needs and providing or arranging a wide array of wealth advice.
Essential Job Functions
1. Acts as the main point of contact for affluent and high end net worth clients for Wealth Management.
2. Demonstrates solid business development skills by acquiring profitable client relationships with high income/net worth clients of Wealth Management.
3. Responsible for identifying client needs and ensuring needs are met by utilizing investments, insurance, Daily Banking, Credit or Other relevant products, in connection with clients tax, legal and estate planning professionals.
4. Expands client portfolio through referrals to Fiduciary Officers, Portfolio Managers, BWIS Representatives, Real Estate, Tax and Estate Officers.
5. Responsible for following up to ensure all banking services provided to clients exceed their expectations.
6. Expands and builds relationship with client by proactively monitoring client’s portfolio.
7. Provides clients a high level of consultative financial advice by using the full range of banking products and services designed for the affluent / high-end private customer needs.
8. Ensures all documentation is up to date, complete and in compliance with all policies, regulations, laws and procedures.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
· · Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Bus Admin or related field - Required
· Master’s/Advanced Degree in Finance, Accounting, Bus Admin or related field - Preferred
· Required License(s) or Certifications Series 7, 65/66 & Life Insurance - Required
· Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have deep knowledge of project management.
· Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
· Solid knowledge of financial products and services for the ultra-high end net worth individual market.
· Solid knowledge of consumer lending; credit, documentation and portfolio management
· Solid knowledge of brokerage and investment products Intermediate software application experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Job: Advisory Services
Location: United States-California-Newport Beach
Requisition ID: 031098