Marsh Employee Benefits Assistant in San Diego, California
Title: Employee Benefits Assistant Location: US-CA-San Diego Other Locations:
The Employee Benefit Programs Associate provides Trust administration support and assistance to meet Client needs and resolve difficulties. It also provides support related to COBRA vendor set up and maintenance, PlanSource management, plan document maintenance, and accounting responsibilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Act as a resource for internal teams, Clients, Carriers, and other outside vendors in the following areas: - Using existing templates complete configuration documents as directed. - Update the employer portal in PlanSource; including look, design, function ability, and plan document uploads as directed. - Test the employer portal verifying accuracy of all screens and plan information before release to Client. - Configure and maintain the online connection for the participating Client’s COBRA administration account. - Respond and resolve routine issues the Client may encounter regarding receipt of benefit services and coverage questions. - Coordinate with PlanSource the setup of electronic files (EDI) to carriers.
· Provide day to day Trust administration
- Provide enrollment materials and member ID’s and cards as needed.
- Process, submit, and follow up on applications to Carriers.
- Enter Trust documentation into the Agency Management System according to policy and procedures and consistent with Barney & Barney professional standards.
· As needed, pull reports from PlanSource to create the monthly Trust detail report and review for accuracy. Coordinate with Accounting the Trust’s accounts receivable and accounts payable function. o Work with accounting to ensure timely billing of client consolidated invoices. o Run reports to verify all money due to the Trust has been collected from each Client. Other duties and projects as assigned. Successful candidate will be a service oriented individual with high personal standards and a hands-on work style. This position requires an individual who is comfortable working in a fast paced environment, managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, adjusting priorities often, and managing frequent interruptions.
This position interacts with and provides service to a large group of internal associates and has high levels of contact with external vendors. The Employee Benefit Programs Associate must be positive and approachable, and work effectively with diverse personalities. In addition, the following is required unless otherwise noted:
· Understanding of health insurance carriers and health and welfare plan benefits, including general factors which affect cost and plan design. This level of understanding is generally acquired through 1-2 years of experience providing group health and benefits sales or service while at a brokerage or carrier. · Bachelor degree strongly preferred. · Strong communication skills with the ability to provide non-technical explanations to technical matters, and summarize and present information in a clear, concise and accurate written and verbal format. · Maintain a valid unrestricted Life and Disability License in California and meet the continuing education requirements. · Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to include work experience creating tables, charts, graphs, pivot tables and formulas. Work Environment & Physical Demands · Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods. · Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment. · Travel may be required visiting clients within the San Diego County. · Extended work hours may be required on occasion due to peak operating times.