Northrop Grumman Engineer Electrical 3 in San Diego, California
Engineer Electrical 3
Requisition ID: 17011834
Location(s): United States-California-San Diego
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman is seeking an Electrical Engineer 3 to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, California.
Where Technology and Teamwork come together...Join the Battlefield Airborne Communication Node (BACN) Hardware team and make a difference. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Battlefield Airborne Communication Node (BACN) Program, a 10 year program, responsible for providing end-to-end communications capability to the war fighter.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Providing minimal mentoring to Intern(s) and Junior level Electrical Engineers
• Experience leading a design team
• Detailed understanding of RF designs and components, including filter design, amplifier design, waveguide theory, radome design, and transceiver architectures
• Excellent communication skills to support internal and external customer discussions
• Supporting and troubleshooting issues identified by the BACN OCONUS tech team(s)
• Experience with computational EM modeling tools, including FEKO, HBSS, NEC-2/-4, STK
• Understanding of antenna designs, and propagation theory & models
• Command of theory and operation of RF test equipment, including signal/function generators, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, vector network analyzers, metrology-grade test and calibration components.
• Candidate must be able to meet aggressive/accelerated schedule deadlines.
• Experience with numerical computing tools to perform RF analysis, including Matlab or Mathematica
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Typical Minimum Education / Experience: 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
• Ability to use a standard desktop (PC) computer and Windows-based tools to produce original documents including drawings, plans, procedures and reports.
• Technical writing skills.
• Ability to work productively in a team environment.
• Must possess effective oral and written communication skills in order to communicate well and interact successfully with all levels of the organization.
• US citizenship required. Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
• Experience with Visio.
• This position requires physical ability to maneuver around equipment in test labs and on ships and aircraft; verbal acuity toclearly communicate with personnel; and manual dexterity sufficient to use keyboards and control panels.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• LabView experience a plus.
• Proficiency in performing RF analysis, including line-of-sight and SATCOM link budget analysis, system noise analysis, cosite/EMI margin analysis, and RF safety analysis
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visitwww.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Engineer Electrical 3
Location: California-San Diego
Requisition ID: 17011834