Teradata Hadoop Product Support Engineer (II) in San Diego, California
Hadoop Product Support Engineer (II)
Teradata Product Support Engineers are key members of an expert team of support analysts, focused on delivering a myriad of deep-level technical support related assignments to both internal and external audiences. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of Hadoop (Hortonworks and/or Cloudera Distribution) and its associated tools and platforms along with the ability to clearly articulate support decisions and findings. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, creative, support analyst who is ready to contribute to Teradata's success.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
1) Conduct problem triage, trouble shooting and problem analysis on complex incidents that are escalated to GSC.
2) Knowledge Management and related activities. Validate Knowledge content for accuracy, relevancy, and currency. Create and maintain Technical Alerts and other related technical artifacts. Create Defect tracking tickets. Lead and/or participate on teams focused on creating technical bulletins, procedures and support processes (Change Templates, FRO bulletins, Service bulletins, Support tools. Development and enhancement of problem scenario reporting rules and associated knowledge.
3) Interface into other organizations (internal and external). Ability to maneuver cross-organizationally and demonstrate a high-level of professionalism. Ability to deliver succinct and concise presentations
4) Product / problem analysis. Gather data and prepare templates as required for data analysis. Assist senior analyst in completing analysis.
5) Mentoring and development of resources as needed
Skills & Attributes
The ideal candidate is an acknowledged Hadoop expert with strong interpersonal and communications skills, excellent analytical skills, ability to plan and organize. The successful candidate will have the ability to lead, mentor and transfer knowledge to others. They will have experience in high performance computing environments.
BS in Computer Science or other technical discipline
2-5 years of Teradata support experience
Understanding of Teradata product knowledge
Experience in Hadoop open source framework and architecture (HDFS, YARN, MapReduce, etc)
Experience with common Hadoop components (i.e., MR, Ambari, Zookeeper, HBase, Pig, Hive)
Working experience of SUSE LINUX operating systems
Experience analyzing data
Closed Loop/Corrective Action experience
Experience with application programming
Association with a development environment
24x7 operation may require working alternate shifts or being part of an on-call rotation
Some travel will be required
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
Primary Location: Americas-United States-California-San Diego
Organization: Eng Global Support Team
Req ID: 172670