SMG Server in Del Mar, California
REPORTS TO: Banquet Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt
Premier Food Services at the Del Mar Fairgrounds & Racetrack is looking for Seasonal Servers to work during the 2018 Horse Racing Season, July 18th- September 3th. Qualified candidates must be available Wednesday through Sunday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greet guests in a timely and welcoming manner and presents them with the menu. Informs guests of specials and menu changes, makes suggestions, and answers questions regarding food, beverages and service.
- Takes food and beverage orders from guests and relays order to kitchen staff and bartender as appropriate.
- Communicates with bus persons, kitchen staff and bartender and coordinates entire station to ensure guest satisfaction with the food and service.
- Proficiency with touch screen POS systems (Aloha experience a plus).
- Exert fast-paced mobility for periods of up to four hours standing walking.
Ability to lift pans and trays occasionally weighing up to 25lbs.
All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
2 Years Food or Cocktail Service
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to carry a service tray set with eight full plates.
- Position requires standing, walking and lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Must have the ability to work late hours, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Must be LEAD certified by the start of employment. Servers must be a minimum of 18 years of age to serve alcohol.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 858.755.6345.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled