MedImpact, Inc. Implementation Manager I or II in San Diego, California
Implementation Manager I or II
If you’re interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc.welcomes your application. MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
The Implementation Manager is responsible for managing the transition of new business into MedImpact effectively, accurately and timely. This position ensures consistent customer satisfaction during implementation by collaborating with client teams, over 30 business units, and continually interacting with customers and consultants. The Implementation Manager is ultimately accountable for not only delivering a success project, but creating the foundation of the business relationship and successfully executing the delivery of additional revenue to MedImpact. They are also responsible to ensure project deliverables are consistent with client service agreements, appropriate service levels are achieved, project timelines and deliverables meet client requirements, issues are identified and resolved timely, and client satisfaction is achieved throughout the implementation process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and builds client business relationships by delivering a positive on-boarding experience, including clear rules of engagement, orientation to MedImpact processes and services, communication of client commitments and expectations to internal partners, and successful transition from implementation to maintenance of business
- Adheres to strict procedural and quality standards, including thorough and accurate documentation, testing protocols, claims analysis, and thorough understanding of client technical and service specifications
- Relies on experience, judgment, business & systems knowledge, and technical skill to plan and accomplish goals
- Participates and facilitates Enterprise Service Excellence activities resulting in process improvements, improve efficiencies and productivity
- Utilizes project management skills to track milestones and deliverables, timely recognition/notification of risk indicators and provide regular status updates to Leadership internally/externally
- Leads the implementation process, including timely and accurate documentation/sign off of the Implementation Questionnaire and other related documents, communication of client commitments and expectations to internal partners, interpreting and providing context for client requests, ensuring appropriate review and customer sign-off, leading site visits and conference call, and related responsibilities to ensure flawless implementations
- If necessary facilitate conflict management and resolution; This would be inclusive of internal and external partners
- Builds client relationships by ensuring appropriate levels of service and operational support during the implementation process, including establishing clear rules of engagement and roles and responsibilities for implementation success
- Effectively educates the client to MedImpact systems and processes to ensure that the client is fully oriented to MedImpact
- Leverages Salesforce as the enterprise customer relationship management tool for documenting all client contacts and deliverables requiring follow-up, including appropriate & accurate documentation of client information, issues, projects, & work requests; oversight of assigned cases; and adherence to due dates
- Manages the project in compliance with the client service agreement eliminating any risks to MedImpact for non-adherence; This includes managing the client and consultant to stay within the executed contract
- Must be knowledgeable of all State and government regulations related to PBM operations
- Partners with multiple business units and teams to ensure the accuracy of claims adjudication set ups
- Understands, documents, and communicates clients’ technical and service specifications across the organization
- Analyzes claims results and identifies discrepancies, inaccuracies, anomalies, and unexpected consequences
- Takes accountability for expeditious resolution of adjudication configuration issues identified during the implementation process
- Utilizes planning, prioritizing, and organizational skills to ensure timely deliverables, high levels of quality, and efficient use of resources to achieve claims adjudication accuracy
- Ensures appropriate back up coverage for customers during holidays, weekends, and other times
- Maintains commitment to operational goals in the face of obstacles
- Actively supports members of the core client team, and members of the extended team, in successfully meeting client needs and delivering flawless fundamentals during the transition from implementation to maintenance of business
- Collaborates and cultivates positive relationships with internal and external customers through delivery of sustainable, measurable, accurate, reliable, and timely results that meet or exceed customer expectations
- Promptly responds to service failures, resolves issues, and escalates concerns as appropriate
- Promotes continuous improvement by ensuring adherence to quality principles
- Seeks out and actively participates in business initiatives that contribute to service excellence
- Actively participates in continued professional development to stay up-to-date on the latest PBM products, services and technical enhancements
- Completes special projects as assigned (such as leading workgroups, overseeing projects/development of new system functionality, mentoring/training staff, etc.)
*Education and/or Experience *
For consideration candidates will need a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and three (3) years customer support or related account management experience, with a minimum of two (2) years Customer Service or Account Management experience in a healthcare or a Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM) environment; or equivalent combination of education and job related experience. Experience as a user of multiple business software applications is required. Previous system implementation experience, preferably in (PBM) environment or managed healthcare services organizations, insurance companies, and other health related entities highly is desirable.
For consideration candidates will need a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and four (4) years customer support or related account management experience in a healthcare or a Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM) environment and a minimum of and two (2) years implementation experience, preferably in (PBM) environment or managed healthcare services organizations, insurance companies, and other health related entities; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience as a user of multiple business software applications is required Pharmacy Technician license or national certification is desired.
- Intermediate to advanced skill set in MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in Visio
- Upon role acceptance successful completion of MedImpact Internal Certifications within one (1) year (i.e. MedAccess Certification and Service Excellence Certification)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
PMP or PMI Certification desired.
*Other Skills and Abilities *
- Must be exceptionally consultative face to face with clients
- Outstanding numeric, verbal, written, logic and analytical skills
- Within one (1) year of job acceptance MedAccess certification or equivalent experience, Service Excellence Certification and Project Management 101 certification or equivalent training
This position requires travel a minimum of 20% of the time. Also, attendance maybe required at various local training sessions and/or meetings.
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level II
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Location: San Diego, CA
# of openings: 2
Employment duration: Full time
Relocation Assistance: N/A
Job Code: 325.180313.5347